We are looking for DJs who like to make The Hague dance!
DJ contest! Do you study in The Hague, do you have DJ skills and do you want to perform at festivals? Submit your tracks! A jury of professional DJs chooses a top 3. The DJs in the top 3 get their own podium place at three festivals in The Hague. Will this be your breakthrough with the general public?
Participate and win!
- All students of higher education institutions in The Hague can participate.
- DJs must be students in The Hague and the music must of course be danceable.
- You can submit until January 25, 2022.
- The top 3 have a chance to perform at the following festivals:
- Liberation Festival (50,000 visitors) May 5, 2022
- Green Garden Festival (25,000 visitors) August 13, 2022
- The Hague Outdoor (15,000 visitors) August 28, 2022
How to compete
- Upload a 30 to 60 minute demo on Soundcloud or Mixcloud,
- Set the title as follows: DJNAME – Student dj-contest - The City of The Hague,
- Send the link + tracklist to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Also send your personal details and biography (including name, address, telephone number, the educational institution where you study, education, student number, DJ experience, locations where you played, hobbies, fun facts about yourself).
- Submit your entry no later than January 25, 2022!
Contest: where and when?
The demos are judged by the professional jury: DJ Ziggy, DJ Danimal, DJ Ziggy, DJ Danimal, Conchitta Bottse & Bright Nshuti (programmers PAARD). The best entries will be invited to the first DJ contest evening in the Paardcafé at Prinsegracht 10 in The Hague on Monday 21 February 2022. The second round will be mid-April 2022, after which the top 3 who may perform at the festivals will be announced. And the winner will also receive a cash prize!
Participating higher education institutions
Students from these educational institutions can participate in the DJ contest: The Hague University of Applied Sciences, Leiden University Campus The Hague, Inholland University of Applied Sciences The Hague, Royal Conservatoire, Royal Academy of Art, Hotelschool The Hague, Institute of Social Studies.
Photo: DJ Danimal