In today's visual culture we see a great stream of images passing by every day. Images that are accepted as truth by many people. But that photography is about truth is a common misconception. Photography is an art form. Fotomuseum Den Haag wants to be a place where people can find space and tranquility to discover the layers, meanings and context of photography and to look with attention; to art, oneself, the environment and the world.
From 26 November on display: Judith Joy Ross
Fotomuseum Den Haag presents a major retrospective of the work of the American photographer Judith Joy Ross (1946). Since the 1980s, Ross has focused on photographing people from all walks of life, from children playing in the park to members of the US House of Representatives. Major themes such as civil rights, poverty, racism and immigration are implicitly addressed.
This is how you reserve your free ticket
- Go to the website of Fotomuseum Den Haag: buy tickets
- Click the button BUY TICKETS
- Choose the Thursday on which you want to visit the museum: 17, 24 November and/of 1, 8, 15 December
- Select the time you want to start your visit on that date
- Scroll down to "Free ticket" and fill in how many student tickets you want to reserve
- Follow the next steps untill you get your confirmation
- Bring and show your student card when you visit!