The Hague is an attractive student city for professional athletes. The coast offers plenty of opportunity for beach and sea sports and in the city you will find various top-level accommodations. For example the Car Jeans Stadium (soccer), the Hofbad (50 meters) and Sportcampus Zuiderpark. There is close collaboration with the Dutch Olympic Committee*Dutch Sports Federation.
Various educational institutions offer optimum facilities for top athletes. Sometimes you even qualify for additional financial support. Ask your educational institution (to be) about the conditions and how you can combine your sports with your studies:
- Leiden University, Campus The Hague
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences The Hague
Need help finding a place to live? The Centrum voor Topsport en Onderwijs (Dutch website) mediates and guides studying athletes in finding a suitable home.
Read more about
- Den Haag Topsport: accommodations, associations and events (Dutch website)
- Facilities and support of top sport from the municipality of The Hague (Dutch website).