Do you like parties and events?
HI The Hague is looking for new comission members! Do you study in The Hague, would you like to dedicate yourself to the student city and do you enjoy thinking up and organizing events? Come join team HI The Hague!
We are looking for a secretary, two event managers and a promotion manager.
As a comission member, you will work with the team on new HI The Hague events. From February the team works towards the introduction week in August/September. And from September, preparations begin for the fall edition in November/December. You know how to organize a good student party or other fun event and enjoy using your creativity to promote and lead the events.
The HI The Hague team now consists of a president and an event manager. The team receives coaching from a production manager and marketing communications consultant. Each team member has equal input into how we work together to create fun activities for Hague students. We conceive, prepare, promote, produce, execute and evaluate - the whole ride!
In addition, each has some specific responsibilities:
- As secretary you make sure the team can work well together: you have the overview, provide structure, keep appointments and reporting.
- As event manager you prepare the events, make appointments with (external) partners, make production schedules and ensure that the events run smoothly.
- As promotion manager you create promotional material, write texts, manage our social media account and coordinate promotional activities.
You will fit well in the team if:
- You are available 12 hours per week from mid-February 2024 *
- You are a team player who gets motivated by working in a fun and dynamic student team
- You have organizational skills and would like to learn more about event management
- Your English is good; meetings and communication are in English.
* Your board membership lasts one year and you receive a payment in the form of a board scholarship (from sophomore year onwards). More information about this? Ask at your university.
Are you joining? Send an email telling us about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/app us at +44 7786 783322. More information first? We'd love to hear from you!
About HI The Hague
The Hague is an attractive student city with approximately 35,000 domestic and international students at universities (of applied sciences) and about 15,000 ‘mbo’ students. Under the flag HI The Hague, a student committee organizes events throughout the year for students to connect and get to know student city The Hague better.
HI The Hague is an initiative of Platform Student & Stad. This platform is a collaboration of all higher education institutions in The Hague, the municipality of The Hague, students and student organizations. The aim is to optimize the student climate and facilities for all students in The Hague. Student & Stad stimulates activities within the urban introductory program for students and the student app Studar, and manages the Study in The Hague website.