Student jobs

Students from 'old' EU member states (countries that entered the EU before 1 May 2004) do not need a residence document to work in the Netherlands, but it is compulsory to have a social security number (Burgerservicenummer (BSN)). A BSN will be giving after registration at the municipal registry office.

International students, unless coming from the EU, EEA or Switzerland, require a work permit, (TWV - tewerkstellingsvergunning) which the employer needs to apply for.

A work permit allows you to work up to ten hours a week or three months fulltime during the summertime.

More information: