nl / en

Finding a job

Your study comes first, but you probably also want to work alongside your studies. To supplement your income, put your studies into practice, learn new skills or meet new people. Student jobs come in many shapes and sizes. And there is also a lot of volunteer work in The Hague - this way you help others and yourself.

Looking for tips? Read this blog on College Life for do's and don'ts when looking for a part-time job.

Work permit and health insurance

If you are an international student and you want to work in addition to your studies, you need to have a work permit (TWV - tewerkstellingsvergunning), unless you are from the EU, EEA or Switzerland. And you are required to have a Dutch health insurance if you have a part-time job next to your study. Read more about working during your studies on

Living, working and going to the StudentDoc